The Forara 10G XFP optical transceiver module is hot pluggable and low power consumption, designed for 10G Fiber Channel, 10G Ethernet, SONET OC-192, SDH STM-64, OTN G.709 and 8G Fiber Channel applications. The digital diagnostics functions are available via a 2-wire serial interface, as specified in the XFP MSA. The transceiver modules are are RoHS-6 compliant and lead-free.
||10G XFP SR 850nm 300m LC DDM MMF
||10G XFP LR 1310nm 10km LC DDM SMF
||10G XFP LR 1310nm 20km LC DDM SMF
||10G XFP ER 1310nm 40km LC DDM SMF
||10G XFP ER 1550nm 40km LC DDM SMF
||10G XFP ZR 1550nm 80km LC DDM SMF
||10G XFP ZR 1550nm 120km LC DDM SMF
||10G XFP Electrical Loopbacks, 1.0W to 3.0W for option
1. Dual LC/PC connector (-SR, -LR, -ER, -ZR)
2. Only connections with patch cords with PC or UPC connectors are supported. Patch cords with APC connectors are not supported.
3. Minimum cabling distance is 0.5 meters for -SR, and 2 meters for -SR, -LR, -ER, -ZR according to the IEEE 802.3 standard.
4. For -ER, when shorter distances of single-mode fiber are used (<20km), requires 5dB attenuator if Link Distance < 20km.
5. For -ZR, when shorter distances of single-mode fiber are used (< 5km), an inline optical attenuator must be used to avoid overloading and damaging the receiver.
• Requires 15dB attenuator if Link Distance < 5km.
• Requires 10dB attenuator if Link Distance is between 5km and 25km.
• Requires 5dB attenuator if Link Distance is between 25km and 45km.