The Forara 8G SFP transceiver modules are hot-pluggable, high-density and low-power consumption, designed for use in Fiber Channel links up to 8.5 Gbps data rate. They are compliant with FC-PI-4 and SFF-8472, and compatible with SFF-8432 and applicable portions of SFF-8431. Digital diagnostics functions are available via I2C interface. The transceiver modules are are RoHS-6 compliant and lead-free.
||8G SFP+ SR 850nm 300m LC DDM MMF
||8G SFP+ LR 1310nm 10km LC DDM SMF
||8G SFP+ ER 1550nm 40km LC DDM SMF
||8G SFP+ ZR 1550nm 80km LC DDM SMF
||8G CWDM SFP+ LR 1270nm-1450nm 10km LC DDM SMF
||8G CWDM SFP+ ER 1470nm-1610nm 40km LC DDM SMF
||8G CWDM SFP+ ER 1470nm-1610nm 80km LC DDM SMF
||8G DWDM SFP+ ER 40km 100GHz ITU Grid C-Band LC DDM SMF
||8G DWDM SFP+ ZR 80km 100GHz ITU Grid C-Band LC DDM SMF
1. Dual LC/PC connector (-SR, -LR, -ER, -ZR)
2. Only connections with patch cords with PC or UPC connectors are supported. Patch cords with APC connectors are not supported.
3. Minimum cabling distance is 0.5 meters for -SR, and 2 meters for -LR -ER and -ZR according to the IEEE 802.3 standard.
4. For -ER, when shorter distances of single-mode fiber are used (<20km), requires 5dB attenuator if Link Distance < 20km.
5. For -ZR, when shorter distances of single-mode fiber are used (< 5km), an inline optical attenuator must be used to avoid overloading and damaging the receiver.
• Requires 15dB attenuator if Link Distance < 5km.
• Requires 10dB attenuator if Link Distance is between 5km and 25km.
• Requires 5dB attenuator if Link Distance is between 25km and 45km.