The Forara XENPAK is a standardized form factor for 10 Gbps fiber optics transponders. It is hot pluggable, used in datacom optical links, primarily 10G Ethernet. The electrical interface to the host board is also standardized and is called XAUI (4 x 3.125 Gbps). Product type includes 10G XENPAK SR, 10G XENPAK LRM, 10G XENPAK LR, 10G XENPAK ER and 10G XENPAK ZR. Digital diagnostics functions are available via an MDIO interface. The transceiver is RoHS-6 compliant and lead-free.
||10G XENPAK SR 850nm 300m SC DDM MMF
||10G XENPAK LRM 1310nm 220m SC DDM MMF
||10G XENPAK LR 1310nm 10km SC DDM SMF
||10G XENPAK ER 1550nm 40km SC DDM SMF
||10G XENPAK ZR 1550nm 80km SC DDM SMF
1. Dual SC/PC connector (-SR, LRM, -LR, -ER, -ZR)
2. Only connections with patch cords with PC or UPC connectors are supported. Patch cords with APC connectors are not supported.
3. Minimum cabling distance for -SR, -LR, -ER modules is 2m, according to the IEEE 802.3ae, and minimum cabling distance for -LRM modules is 0.5m, according to IEEE 802.3aq standard.
4. For -ER, when shorter distances of single-mode fiber are used (<20km), requires 5dB attenuator if Link Distance < 20km.
5. For -ZR, when shorter distances of single-mode fiber are used (< 5km), an inline optical attenuator must be used to avoid overloading and damaging the receiver.
• Requires 15dB attenuator if Link Distance < 5km.
• Requires 10dB attenuator if Link Distance is between 5km and 25km.
• Requires 5dB attenuator if Link Distance is between 25km and 45km.