The Forara DWDM XENPAK is a standardized form factor for 10 Gbps fiber optics transponders. It is hot pluggable, used in datacom optical links, primarily 10G Ethernet. The electrical interface to the host board is also standardized and is called XAUI (4 x 3.125 Gbps). Product link lengths are available with 10km, 40km and 80km at 100GHz ITU Grid C-band. Digital diagnostics functions are available via an MDIO interface. The transceiver is RoHS-6 compliant and lead-free.
||10G DWDM XENPAK 40km 100GHz ITU Grid C-Band SC DDM SMF
||10G DWDM XENPAK 80km 100GHz ITU Grid C-Band SC DDM SMF
1. Dual SC/PC connector (-10KM, -40KM, -80KM)
2. Only connections with patch cords with PC or UPC connectors are supported. Patch cords with APC connectors are not supported.
3. Minimum cabling distance for -10KM, -40KM modules is 2m, according to the IEEE 802.3ae.
4. For -ER, when shorter distances of single-mode fiber are used (<20km), requires 5dB attenuator if Link Distance < 20km.
5. For -ZR, when shorter distances of single-mode fiber are used (< 5km), an inline optical attenuator must be used to avoid overloading and damaging the receiver.
• Requires 15dB attenuator if Link Distance < 5km.
• Requires 10dB attenuator if Link Distance is between 5km and 25km.
• Requires 5dB attenuator if Link Distance is between 25km and 45km.